Can You Get Sick From Smelling Mold?

Smelling Mold

Bad smell is just the sign of trouble that can affect the structure of the house and cause respiratory diseases and allergies. It is only the rainy season when mold accumulates into cabinets, clothes, books, drawers, walls and cause airway problems. Although, when a place does not get proper light and air, remains wet. It also causes the accumulation of mold. The problem gets worse at this time because the house gets wetter, with weaker winds and reduced evaporation, which makes the environments conducive to the proliferation of mites, fungi and mold. But, it is possible to prevent the problem well in advance with mold removal professional supervision.

In general, the situation gets worse because people only realize when it is late. However, mold comes in slowly, without causing a lot of odor, but by the time you notice the mold has already set in or is affecting the health of children and adults. Then there are sneezing, allergies and all the nuisance generated by what seemed just a bad smell, but in fact it can lead to serious illness and even hospitalizations.

Disorders related with molds and fungus

In apartments, offices, but especially in homes, the accumulation of fungi and mites grows due to a number of environmental factors. At drier times of the year, the UV index drops to an average of 74%. There are regions where this change is greatest. In addition to humidity, other aspects contribute to mold growth. Leaking walls, stained bags and shoes, and unusable furniture are also affected by the presence of mold. But there are ways to circumvent the situation. By calling the mold removal professional you will not only stop the mold infestation but also understand the reason which you will remember in near future.

Moisture increases allergies

The smell of mold invading environments is not only bothersome, but harmful to health. In an already naturally humid place, the mold intensifies in the rainy season and facilitates the proliferation of fungi, mites and, consequently, allergies and respiratory infections. Those who have had tuberculosis and have a cavity in the lung are more likely, as well as carriers of allergic and respiratory diseases such as rhinitis and asthma. The biggest mistake is in trying to avoid mold closing doors and windows. This actually increases the proliferation of fungi, mites and viral pictures.

In addition to causing cosmetic damage to the walls of the house and staining clothing, common mold especially in humid regions can still cause health problems, as fungi and mites result in airway infections, allergies and disease aggravation, especially affecting the elderly and young children. Excessive mold in an enclosed environment can, in addition to creating a stench often ignored by those living with the problem, worsen the health of asthma sufferers, cause itchy skin, eyes and nose, headaches, severe anemia and even pneumonia. Tackling the problem then prevents you and your family from becoming seriously ill. Inhalation of fungi such as Aspergillum by the allergic patient may complicate rhinitis or asthma. You can hire an expert for mold removal in milford, CT.

 

Leave a Reply


CAPTCHA Image
Reload Image